Monday, September 22, 2014

Malicious Monday: Annie Leonhardt

I would like the blonde anime character. 
I normally don't do the whole anime thing. I find most of it a little... well, silly. I feel like some people get REALLY caught up in it, to the point where it becomes their life, but you could really say that about anything. I digress, this Malicious Monday is devoted to an anime character. She's probably my favorite anime character, granted, I've only watched a handful, but out of that handful, Annie Leonhardt stands out as my favsie. If you don't like anime or Attack on Titan, then don't read this post! This is my fuckin' blog, I do what I want! Get a ladder and climb off my dick!!!


Attack on Titan is an anime about a the human population having to build extremely tall walls around their civilization due to these giant human-like creatures called Titans. For 100 years, these walls have kept the Titans at bay. One day, out of no where, a Colossal Titan, taller than the wall, comes along and destroys a section of it. With the wall open, it's left the humans vulnerable to hungry Titans who love nothing more than to nom nom on humans. The story centers around Eren Jeager and his foster sister Mikasa who barely escape to the inner wall, but not before watching their home town be destroyed and their mother being eaten alive by a creepy grinning Titan. Eren decides to devote his life to destroying every single Titan on the planet. When he's of age he joins the Survey Corps, which is an  army of sorts, to keep the human race safe from the Titans.

That's the plot in a nutshell. There's actually all this complex shit about the show, and I could go on for days explaining. Ain't no one got time for that, so we're going to jump in to the best part of the show, at least to me, Annie Leonhardt. 

"Hey baby,you so fine if I were a judge, I'd label you 'Illegally Blonde!' Haha!"
We first meet Annie when she's in training with Eren. She's quiet and mysterious, and can kick anyone's ass like a pro. She's noted for her fierce use of swords and boss unarmed fighting skills. Despite all this, she's painfully introverted and has issues when it comes to working with others. Despite her cold exterior she shows compassion and remorse when she comes across a fallen team mate. You might be asking, "Dustin, how does this make her a villain?" I'm glad you asked.

The famous "Annie Pose." FEAR IT!
She's FUCKING PSYCHO! In the most awesome way. It turns out that Annie is actually a spy sent from an unknown organization outside the wall. She can transform, or shift. into a Titan whenever she pleases. Annie masterfully manipulates the humans whenever the need arises. She kills countless survey corps when she transforms into her Female Titan form. Her mission? Well... we're not exactly sure. Annie's intentions haven't been revealed yet. What we do know is she has gone above and beyond to deceive and kill as many people as needed, all to capture our main hero, Eren Jaeger. Eren has the same mysterious talent of Titan Shifting, Unlike Annie, Eren is not as experienced or in-control of it.

BITCH! I done told you to fear the Annie Pose!
Annie is finally figured out when the Survey Corps stage a trap to capture her. Annie figures it out and transforms into her female Titan form and she unleashes hell upon another city within the walls. 
No Michael Jackson... Annie is NOT okay. 
Annie is the typical femme fatal. She's smart, cunning, beautiful and dangerous. Her cold, ice-princess ways remind me of one of the typical blondes from a Hitchcock film. She's a sociopath and will do anything for her cause. Her intentions are still a mystery. We know she was sent inside the walls to infiltrate the human race and we also know she shows interest in her fellow shiftier, Eren. It will be interesting to see what season three of Attack on Titan will bring, and what more, if anything, we learn about Annie. 

Annie noms Eren.
Out of everyone I know who watched this anime, I was the only one who felt extremely sad Annie at the end of this last season. Sure she was a psychopath with murderous tendencies, but the sheer look of sadness and defeat on her face at the end was heart-wrenching for me. Before she could be killed or captured, Annie fell a sleep and formed a crystal-like structure around herself, making it impossible to get to her. I love this! The only thing that would have made it more perfect is if Annie had her middle figure up when frozen, because that's pretty much what she's saying. "Fuck you guys! I decieved all of you and even though you can see me, you'll never be able to get me! HA!" 

It's kinda like a fucked up version of Snow White... not really.
It's somewhat revealed that Annie actually does have reasons for what she's doing. While her titan form is dying, Annie has flashbacks of her father and how he's apologizing for all he's done for her. He makes her promise to return to him. I thought I had daddy issues. 

Bitch be cray.
I must admit, Attack on Titan is a pretty solid anime. The story is deep and complex and the characters are likable. I suggest anyone check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment