Thursday, February 26, 2015

#tbt - My Middle School Necessities


Hi kids! Grab a Capri Sun, a handful of Teddy Grahams and come sit on the rug criss-cross-applesauce! It's show and tell day! Not really, I'm just talking about the shit I HAD TO HAVE in middle school. Speaking of rugs, remember those rugs that EVERY elementary school class room had that looked like a neighborhood with streets? I mean, it was a good idea because if you playing with Hot Wheels or any other kind of toy car, you had a little street to go down, but we never did that because all the other kids would be playing with blocks and shit on the same rug and completely block the "road". Am I making any sense? Am I still typing? Why am I talking about rugs. Well that was stream of consciousness writing if I've ever seen it! Anyway, let's talk about some of the shit I liked in Middle School! YAY!

Altoids



GOOD GOD! These things were like crack in middle school. Especially the Sours, remember the Sours?! Yeah, if you had a tin of these in your pocket, you were set.


Clinique 3-Step Skin Care


I had a REALLY bad dry skin phase in 6th Grade. My skin was flaky and tight. It was real real bad. My mother took me to the Clinique counter and got me the Mild Facial Soap bar, The Mild Clarifying Lotion and The famous Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I later added the All About Eyes eye cream to the mix. My skin was awesome! Every morning and every night, this was my jam! Since then I've moved on to much more heavy-duty skin care because aging is a bitch.

Portable CD Player


I'm not sure if iPods had come out yet or not, but I remember having a portable CD player along with my CD case. I had Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, No Doubt and a WHOLE lotta Country Music. I was obsessed with Country Music, mainly Reba, Martina McBride and Chely Wright. Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash and Jeannie C. Riley were my other staples. I also loved Barbra Streisand, Frank Sinatra, Elvis and of course Judy Garland. I was very eclectic. Kids now days will never know the struggle of a portable CD player. They were the worst! If you moved it the wrong way, or jerked it, it would stop playing in the middle of your song! It SUCKED! Thank you Steve Jobs! Thank you so much for being a fucking genius and realizing how fed up we were with that fuckery!


Woods cologne for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch


This stuff was amazing. It was spicy and woodsy, but at the same time it had citrus notes in it. It smelled clean, something in a musky cologne, such as this, is hard to achieve. I always got complemented when wearing this. They discontinued it in 2005, I guess because it smelled too classy for the A&F brand. They re-launched it in 2010, but it was limited. STUPID! I still have my last bottle saved for nostalgia purposes.

Smoooch by Benefit


The best lip balm EVER! It moisturized your lips IMMEDIATELY on contact. Because cosmetic companies are sadists, and love to play god with our lives, Benefit discontinued it and I was so distraught! It was my holy grail lip balm. No other has ever matched it. I always had one in my pocket at school, the only downside was it had an applicator like lip gloss, so it looked a little weird for a guy to be putting it on. Oh well, my lips were fucking soft, so S mah D!

Bed Head Manipulator


Looking back, this stuff was just GROSS! It was sticky, gunky and tacky! For some reason, I loved it! It kept my hair in place, smelled really great and it was blue! What more could a middle school kid ask for!? It didn't really leave my hair greasy feeling, just kinda... weird. It left a weird texture in my hair. I outgrew it and found other products that made my hair feel not weird and styled it at the same time.

Hand Cream


I always had hand cream in my pocket. I applied it A LOT. I used to have really bad eczema on my hands. It would be so bad that the skin on my hands would actually crack and bleed if I didn't keep them moisturized. I got a lot of hell for it. Some girl even told me that she would "go out" with me, or be my girlfriend or whatever, but only if I didn't put lotion on my hands. I was all like BYE FELICIA!!! I'm gonna do what I want to! My favorite hand cream was Satin Hands by Mary Kay, it was easy to get because TONS of people sold it. Back then it was an awesome hand cream, today, not so much. They changed the formula and scent and now it's just blah. 

Journal


I had multiple "fancy" journals. These journals usually were high quality ones I'd get at book stores of a paper store. I would sketch, write weird ass short stories and poems in it, but NEVER share them. It was my personal thing. I always kept it close.

Pens

I was a pen-a-holic. I had SOOOO many pens. I loved the ball point ones that were gel-like. You know what I'm talking about? Yeah, I had a lot of fucking pens.


 Ralph Lauren Hoodie Jackets



I had like seven of these, all in different colors. I usually matched them with whatever I was wearing that day. I remember some of my girl friends would wear them because it was so cold in our school sometimes. It always made me feel even more obese seeing my big ass hoodies on these petite girls. And yes, they had to be Ralph Lauren. I was a label snob in school. EVERYTHING I wore had to be designer. I had a helluva lot of Eddie Bauer shit too,. Don't judge me! Eddie was popular at the time! Remember the stupid Ford Explorers that were Eddie Bauer Edition?! Yeah, I thought that was the coolest thing ever. *eyeroll* I was a dweeb. 

Yes. I actually had this sweater in green. DON'T JUDGE ME!

What were some of your must haves in middle school?

No comments:

Post a Comment