Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1st Annual Dusty Awards




WELCOME TO THE FIRST ANNUAL DUSTY AWARDS!


With 2015 over and done, I thought we'd take a moment to reflect on my favorite random things and people from the past year. I have random shit I'd like to give mention to. Let's start!

Favorite TV Show of 2015: SCREAM QUEENS


The Dusty Award has to go to the Ryan Murphey, Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk creation that is Scream Queens. It's about an upscale Sorority House getting terrorized by a serial killer(s) dressed in a red devil costume. It's ridiculous, campy, weird and out of control. Here's a list as to why it's the most DUSTIN worthy show of 2015:

1) Jamie Lee Curtis

2) Mean, rich, fashionable blonde girl walking around in expensive couture while insulting everyone       and everything. 

3) Awesome throwbacks to slasher movies of the past, often done in a overly OBVIOUS way. 

4) Douche frat boys getting maimed and sliced up.  

5) Soap Opera-like dramatic hi-jinx.

6) FASHION

7) Jamie Lee Curtis

The screwball, horror-comedy is awesome, touching on aspects of political correctness, racism and bullying, all is a comedic way. 




Favorite Book of 2015: THE WITCHES: SALEM 1692 by Stacy Schiff



The Dusty Book Award goes to this historical account of the infamous witch trials that took place in Salem, Massachusetts in  1692. It's an unbelievable event. Reading about it these days, it's hard to imagine why, what, how? It boggles the mind, but Stacy Schiff does an excellent job trudging through the various historical records, court documents and family histories of 17th Century Massachusetts to bring us a refreshing view point of a very confusing time in US History. 



Favorite Movie of 2015: KRAMPUS


Okay, I slacked a lot when it came to movie watching last year. There are SEVERAL movies I wanted to see in 2015, I just didn't due to lack of time or just plain laziness. One movie I did go see, and LOVED was Krampus! It was hilarious and tense at times, but overall fucking fantastic! I mean, it had demonic ginger bread men, Toni Colette and a giant, child eating Jank-in-the-Box. I'M LIVING FOR IT!



Favorite Netflex Obsession of 2015: SENSE8


It's hard to explain, just go fucking watch it. 




Most Badass Actor 2015: MAX RIEMELT (Sense8)



In Netflex's Sense8, Riemelt plays a hell raising, German safe-cracker who kicks everyone's ass and gives 0 fucks. 

Most Badass Actress 2015: DOONA BAE (Sense8)



Bae is my BAE! Yes she's a Sense8 actress too, but this is my list and I can put whoever I want on it! She slays me! LOVE HER!!!


Best Supporting Actor 2015: DENIS O'HARE (American Horror Story: Hotel)


Denis O'Hare plays the FABULOUS Liz on American Horror Story: Hotel. GAWD! I LIVE FOR HER! O'Hare has proven he can run the acting gambit from A to Z. 



Best Supporting Actress 2015: BILLIE LOURD (Scream Queens)



Billie Lourd plays the beautifully apathetic and wonderfully vacant Chanel #3 on Scream Queens. A fairly new actress, she held her own in scenes with more seasoned actresses like Jamie Lee Curtis and Emma Roberts. I applaud you Miss Lourd!



Best Actor 2015: KIT HARINGTON (Game of Thrones)


Though some people see Jon Snow as a one-note character, I EXTREMELY beg to differ. Harrington did an excellent job this past season and I hope with everything in my heart that he comes back with a vengeance this season. 


Best Actress 2015: JANET MONTGOMERY (Salem)


This was a hard one, but I have to give it to Janet Montgomery who plays the Salem coven leader, Mary Sibley, on WGN's Salem. Her portrayal of a powerful woman who's slowly losing everything, and coming to realize the pact she made with the devil himself was a horrendous mistake. Montgomery is brilliant and deserves praise. 

fuckyeslparrilla:

You cannot hide behind your husband anymore, Mary Sibley.fuckyeslparrilla:

You cannot hide behind your husband anymore, Mary Sibley.fuckyeslparrilla:

You cannot hide behind your husband anymore, Mary Sibley.



FAVORITE SONGS of 2015: 

Here are a few of my favorite songs from last year. Deal with it!

Kelly Clarkson - Hearbeat Song

Happy and light! It makes me want to hug myself!



Sia - California Dreamin

I mean... just... phenomenal. 


Coleman Hell - Two Heads

Unlike anything I've ever heard. Genre-bending and weird.




Lana Del Rey - High by the Beach

"You could be a bad motherfucker, But that don't make you a man"



Adele - Hello

Do I even NEED an explanation? 


Used to Love You - Gwen Stefani

Gwen captures her dissolved marriage perfectly in this song. 



Drake - Hotline Bling

I'm REALLY late to this party, but I LOVE IT.



HONORABLE MENTION:



LADY GAGA (American Horror Story: Hotel)



Despite what other's are saying, I think she's fucking brilliant in her role. She came close to beating out Janet Montgomery for my favorite lead actress, but I had to give it to Janet in the end.  Some may call me bias because I love Lady Gaga anyway, but I don't really give a rat's ass. I think she's phenomenal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment