Friday, January 1, 2016

Fab Five Friday: S*it I Learned in 2015

Seems about right.

Hello Friends!

I know! Let's not talk about how effing long it's been since I posted. Thanks for any patience, or lack there of you had with me! I'm back!

I thought it would be cool if we had a chat. Just us. Lets just catch up for a sec. I'm sweatpants and socks listening to Adele right now. Total chillness. 

Here are five things I learned 2015. This might get real, but whatever. So let's do it!

1) Don't Compare Yourself to Justin Bieber.




Okay, so don't take that literally. I'm just using the Biebs as an example. There's always going to be someone younger, prettier and more successful than you. Justin Bieber is like 12, successful AF and has more money than China! I'm over here in my late twenties and have absolutely ZERO talent and ZERO idea what I want to do with my life. I can't sit here and waste my life away wishing I was like someone else, or as rich as someone else, or as hot as someone else. It'll drive you crazy and breed more and more discontent within yourself. We're all here in this life doing different stuff. Some of us are making dope albums and getting hella rich. Some of us are sitting on our couch wearing old sweatpants and listening to Adele. It doesn't fucking matter! Be happy with where you are and most importantly WHO you are. We're all on our different journeys and they lead different places. 


2) Don't Stop Believing! 



Believe in yourself. I can't tell you how many times this past year that I had to stop from discouraging myself. Even if shit seems hopeless and stupid, don't lose hope in yourself. Things always happen for a reason. Maybe whatever is happening to you is happening to make you stronger or smarter? You never know!

3) Chill Out




This has been a BIG deal in 2015. This has been the year everyone has been offended by EVERYTHING. STOP! Don't get offended by everything. I've been guilty of this. Seeing shit on social media and talking to random people, you can take shit to heart. Just don't. Easier said than done, I know, but it's not worth it! We all have our own beliefs and our own view on how society or whatever should be run. Behind it all our intentions are good. We all want whats best for this big ole' world. If we keep arguing and ripping each other down because of our own personal beliefs, how are we going to be able to improve the world at all? I just feel like it's time we begin trying to see other people's viewpoints on things and relax. You don't have to agree with everything someone else thinks or believes, but the most important thing to remember is THEY don't have to agree with everything YOU think or believe. 

4) Check Your Judgments at the Door.




We're all guilty of it. We're all judgmental on some level. For instance: There's this guy I work with. I thought he was a Grade A douche nozzle based simply on the way he dressed, talked and his general aura. He was a frat boy who reminded me of the alpha male, shit talking guys who have always had fun treating me with cruelty. I automatically assumed this guy was the same based on his appearance. I eventually got to know him,  we hung out and he's really fucking awesome. If I had just gone with my snap judgment of him, I would have completely written off a really cool guy. That's just one of the MANY instances of times this year that I've misjudged someone based on their appearance. Once you get past your hang ups, you might actually make a new friend, or not, you never know! It doesn't hurt to try, right?

5) Seriously Though, Chill Out!




Don't take yourself so seriously. I've caught myself a few times this past year flying off the handle because my pride or feelings have been hurt. The problem is, most of the things that happened to me were not even that big of a deal and most likely weren't even meant to insult me. For instance: Someone left a huge box of trash and empty beer bottles at my desk. I took this as an attack on me. WHY? I completely flew off the handle and took it to heart instead of just stepping back for a moment and thinking about other possibilities. Maybe the people who left that trash on my desk thought the cleaning crew who trash it. Maybe they left it there by accident after getting distracted? Me, taking myself too seriously, immediately thought; "Oh, these assholes left it on my desk as a lame way to mock me!" What? No! Dustin, No! It's kind of laughable now, and I kinda feel silly letting it get to me so much. It's things like that I need to remember in 2016. 

This happened in 2015. 

So there they are. I hope you find that somewhat interesting? If not, then I'm so sorry you wasted your life reading it. I can't give you that time back. I'm not Cher, I can't Turn Back Time. 

2015 was a bad year for me blogging, I'm going to try to keep blogging for all two of you who read this blog! 2016 is going to be great! 



No comments:

Post a Comment